Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dean & Britta/Yo Gabba Gabba/Galaxy 500 tour

Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips better known as the band Dean & Britta, formerly Luna, formerly Galaxie 500 (at least Dean is), will be on an upcoming episode of Yo Gabba Gabba.  Galaxie 500 was one of my favorite bands in college. I still have the vinyl album of On Fire that I had in college in working order which can't be said of a lot of my albums that I either lost, broke, warped, whatever.  I don't say that to sound like I was cool in college either, I wasn't, when I was in college most people still had mostly vinyl, CD collections were just starting to be built.  It's kind of like now, it's not really cool to have an MP3 collection over CD, you just kind of do, except that now it's actually cool to have vinyl over anything else, I've also seen that cassette tapes are making a comeback but I don't really believe it, it's just something for people to write about.  Watch for 8 tracks to have about their third hipster revival in a couple years.
Anyway, Dean and Britta on Yo Gabba Gabba...

They also announced that they'll be touring as Galaxie 500, check out the dates and website HERE.  This is a can't miss "Call the Babysitter" event for sure!
Galaxie 500 "Change"


Luna "Anesthesia"

No comments:

Post a Comment