Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Real Estate "Out of Tune"/Song of the Day

Real Estate - "Out of Tune"

Yes there is more to the Jersey Shore than those MTV embarrassments.  I just read that one of the guys from the show is expected to make around $5 million next year through endorsements, appearances, and salary from the show.  Yes I said million. Are you kidding me?  Real Estate is a Jersey Shore band who I've mentioned before as an artist that really surprised me at the Pitchfork Festival.  They were great.  This song is going to be a 7" release due out in October, they'll probably make about $500 from it, yes I said five hundred.  That's what you get for having real talent and for being a true Jersey Shore native. By the way, I can't believe that bands are still putting out 7" records (I love it!), that's what the cool kids call small vinyl 45's (singles) for those of you not cool.  I'm talking to you out of touch parents.

Anyway, this is like cool jazz for the rock world.  I just got back from Yellowstone National Park at it reminds me of the kind of music you want to hear when you're driving through Big Sky country with nothing but the horizon, rolling hills and bison to keep you company.  In other words beautiful serene music.

Pre-order it here

Out Of Tune by truepanther

No comments:

Post a Comment