Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Love Language "Heart to Tell"/Song of the Day

The Love Language - "Heart to Tell"


The Love Language "Heart to Tell"

Apparently I'm really digging this 60's sound revival that a few bands are coming at us with.  I've already told you to go out and buy Best Coast and Girls and now with their second album, Libraries, The Love Language have made an excellent summer album full of melodies, great songwriting, strumming guitars and even some strings thrown in to add a little wistfulness.  I can't believe I just used "wistfulness", that isn't going to make a parent buy into a band, that's sounds like I'm describing a cute lullaby CD...oh well, just trust me.  Hand claps can be used for adult rock music to great effect without making you feel like you have to clap along only when you're at a stop light with nobody next to you, so why not go with wistful and strings?  I remember one of the coolest guys I knew, who owned an indie label, had giant sideburns before people had giant sideburns again, crazy hair, bell bottoms, tennis pro on the side, great ears for not only new bands but new sounds, he was credited on an album under musicians for "handclaps".  So there you go, my weak argument for wistful strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment