Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday Shuffle vs. The Loop (WLUP) & Classic Rock Radio

I know, it's Saturday, get off my back already!  That's my "I'm driving a pickup and blasting classic rock through my blown speakers" attitude.  Having just been in Montana and Wyoming I realized there are more truck drivers out there than car drivers, and I'm guessing more classic rock listeners than what you get from the sedan, minivan, mini/smart car driving listeners.

As a parent you probably feel a little weird that Nirvana is a classic rock band to your kids.  And if you have an infant like me, it's a little scary to think that someone like Wilco will be my daughter's classic rock.
So with that, let's see what the Loop and the classic rock format is up to these days.

WLUP/Chicago/97.9 The Loop
Friday 8/24
5:02 P.M. Kansas - "Carry on Wayward Son"
5:08 Scorpions - "Can't Live Without You"
5:12 Molly Hatchet - "Flirtin' with Disaster"
5:19 Break
5:25 Rolling Stones - "Bitch"
5:28 Alice in Chains - "Rooster"
5:35 Def Leppard - "Rock of Ages"
5:39 Guns n' Roses - "Paradise City"
5:47 Break
5:54 AC/DC - "Girls Got Rhythm"
5:58 Bon Jovi - "Runaway"

Usually I bring my satellite radio when I go on the road but for this last trip I decided to just go with the IPhone and use whatever I had in my itunes or i could just plug into Pandora, Accuradio, KEXP or Chirp.  Little did I know that Yellowstone has no cell signal anywhere and I had only 600 songs loaded on my IPhone at the time (I have close to 100K on my external hard drive).  So with that, I'm going to shuffle what I had on my trip.
9 songs (which is what the Loop put on during the 5p hour):
Hum - "Stars"
David Bazan - "Bearing Witness"
The Streets - "Fit, But You Know It"
Smith Westerns - "Dreams"
The Flaming Lips - "She Don't Use Jelly"
B.o.B. - "Nothin' On You" feat. Bruno Mars
Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
The Drums - "I Felt Stupid"
Kid Sister - "Right Hand Hi"

No comments:

Post a Comment