Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Shuffle vs. B96/96.3 FM (WBBM) Chicago



B96 Chicago.  In the music industry this is considered a "Rhythmic" station, which means it falls somewhere between an Urban station like WGCI and a Top 40 station like KISS.
Check out the difference in airplay charts between the three formats (urban, rhythmic & top 40).  The difference is pretty minimal but it's there, you won't see the likes of Paramore or 3OH!3 at Rhythmic and the Top 40 Chart is missing the likes of T.I. and Cali Swag District.  Let's see how much different my shuffle will be from these charts, my guess is that nothing on these charts shows up on my shuffle, but you never know...how about yours?




So, here we go, B96 shuffle  for this past Monday 6pm-7pm:

6 PM
WBBM-FM6:01 PMLA ROUXBulletproof2009C
WBBM-FM6:04 PMEMINEMLove The Way You Lie f/Rihanna2010C
WBBM-FM6:09 PMKE$HAYour Love Is My Drug2009C
WBBM-FM6:12 PMJAY-ZYoung Forever f/Mr. Hudson2009R
WBBM-FM6:16 PMBREAKCommercials And/Or Recorded Promos
WBBM-FM6:22 PMB.O.BAirplanes f/Hayley Williams2010C
WBBM-FM6:27 PMCIARARide f/Ludacris2010C
WBBM-FM6:32 PMBREAKCommercials And/Or Recorded Promos
WBBM-FM6:37 PMUSHEROMG f/will.i.am2010C
WBBM-FM6:42 PMBLACK EYED PEASRock That Body2009C
WBBM-FM6:46 PMB.O.BNothin' On You f/Bruno Mars2009C
WBBM-FM6:50 PMUSHER F/PITBULLDJ Got Us Fallin' In Love2010C
WBBM-FM6:54 PMPERRY, KATYCalifornia Gurls f/Snoop Dogg2010C
WBBM-FM6:57 PMLADY GAGAPoker Face2008R
7 PM

And my Itunes shuffle from this morning:
...coming...after I get in a run, take care of my daughter, shower, coffee...

Sevendust - "Coward"
Velocity Girl - "Sorry Again"
Velocity Girl - Sorry Again

Lotion - La Boost
Blink 182 - "All the Small Things"
Pink - "Don't Let Me Get Me"
The Beastie Boys - "Dr Lee, PhD"
The Replacements - "Nobody"
New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
Wolf Parade - "Yulia"
Wolf Parade - "Yulia"
Neutral Milk Hotel - "Someone is Waiting"
Air - "Lucky and Unhappy"
Calexico - "Attack El Robot!  Attack!"
Elliott Smith - "Tomorrow Tomorrow"
Jawbox - "Cooling Card"

2 comments:

  1. So I have to admit one of the B96 selection (Black eye peas) could show up on my shuffle. Does that mean I have to un-follow this blog, even if I have never tucked in my sweaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. B96 isn't a bad station, I like some of the music. Pink showed up on my shuffle. There are only two kinds of music, good and bad, and I like both. I'll never chastise anyone for liking a certain song or band. tucked in sweaters, no excuse. So you're good!

    ReplyDelete