Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Shuffle vs. Sirius/XM satellite radio's XMU

I've had satellite radio pretty much since it came out and I love it.  I have two radios, one for the house and another for car.  For $12 a month it's a really great way to find new music, especially on the station I'm pitting myself against today, XMU.  I have no chance.
From Wednesday night, 8p - 9p.


8 PM
Sirius XMU8:02 PMMORNING BENDERSPromises2010C
Sirius XMU8:09 PMMATT AND KIMLessons Learned2009C
Sirius XMU8:12 PMFLYING LOTUSAnd The World Laughs With You2010C
Sirius XMU8:15 PMARCHITECTURE IN HELSINKIHeart It Races2007G
Sirius XMU8:19 PMFOALSTotal Life Forever2010C
Sirius XMU8:22 PMYACHTPsychic City (Voodoo City)2009C
Sirius XMU8:27 PMBLACK LIPSBefore You Judge Me2010C
Sirius XMU8:30 PMSONIC YOUTHThe Diamond Sea1995G
Sirius XMU8:41 PMLOS CAMPESINOSYou! Me! Dancing!!2007G
Sirius XMU8:45 PMNATIONALAnyone's Ghost2010C
Sirius XMU8:48 PMWASHED OUTFeel It All Around2009C
Sirius XMU8:51 PMWAVVESKing Of The Beach2010C
Sirius XMU8:54 PMPULPDisco 20001995G
Sirius XMU8:58 PMVAMPIRE WEEKENDHoliday2010C


OK, I like everything on there except maybe Flying Lotus and Washed Out.  They did a nice job of mixing some older songs in there, very impressive.  That Sonic Youth song isn't an obvious choice.  Pulp, nice job.  "You! Me! Dancing!"  one of my favorites.  I mentioned in an earlier post that my daughter loves that Yacht song.
OK, here's mine...I'm going to cheat and shuffle some of the songs I've picked out to spin next Wednesday at Tiny Lounge.

Beach House - "Norway"
Phoenix - "1901" (Alan Wilkis remix)
Herr Jazz - "Summer Skate"
The Roots - "Dear God 2.0" feat. Jim James and Monsters of Folk
Kid Cudi & Chip tha Ripper - "All Talk"
Joy Division - "Warsaw"
Raphael Saadiq - "It's a Shame"
Devo - "Girl U Want"
Los Amigos Invisibles - "Cuchi Cuchi"
Shout Out Louds - "Tonight I have to Leave It"
Broken Social Scene - "Texico Bitches"
LCD Soundsystem - "All I Want"
Blur - "Girls and Boys"
Jamie Lidell - "Your Sweet Boom"
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - "Round and Round"

1 comment:

  1. 4:30 A freakin M? you truly are a new parent... sheesh, get a nap this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete